OFF PAGE SEO is a technique which is used to improve the position of a website in the Search Engine Result Page. Many articles associate Off Page SEO with link building process, but actually, it is much more than that.
“Today it’s not about ‘get the traffic’ — it’s about ‘get the targeted and relevant traffic.” – Adam Audette, Chief Knowledge Officer, RKG
Types of SEO?
Basically, there are two types of SEO –
- On-Page SEO
- Off-Page SEO
On Page SEO
On-Page SEO means the practice to optimize individual web pages of a website. It is a process to make the website user-friendly. Basically, on-page SEO is done to rank the website higher in search engine results and to attract more relevant audience.
OFF Page SEO
Off-Page SEO refers to a technique that is done outside the website in order to improve the position of that website in Search Engine.
Types of OFF Page SEO Activities
The most important OFF Page SEO Activities are:
- Link Building
- Social Media Presence
- Social Bookmarking
What is Link Building?
Link Building refers to the process to make backlinks of a web page. It is a technique to increase the popularity of a website/webpage. In other words, we can say that we are trying to gather as many votes by building external links to our web page. link Building also helps in bypassing our competitors and rank higher in Search Engine.
Link Building Methods
- Directory Submission – It is a process of submission of our website link on the web directories. Links should be submitted on respected web directories according to the nature of the business. It also helps to bring good quality backlinks which in result increases site ranking. Directory Submission is one the most common technique in Off Page SEO.
- Press Release – It is a process of submitting a press report about your business and website. We have to share contact information as well as website link in order to boost up our website.
- Document Sharing – It is a method of sharing documents like Word File, PDF, PowerPoint, Excel, Case studies, White Paper etc in different/several document sharing or we can say document submission website. Document sharing is one of the best strategies of Off Page SEO.
- Blogging Directory Submission – Blogging Directory Submission is a method of submitting our blog onto various directories/websites which accepts blog. It is a way to get natural traffic to weblogs. It also increases the blog visibility in the Search Engines.
- Article Submission – It is a process of submitting unique articles to the article submission directories for content syndication. An article directory is a website having collections of articles written on various subjects or topics.
- Image Sharing – Image Sharing is a process which is basically used when SEO is done for Product Based Business. It is a way of sharing images related to our website or business onto various image sharing or image submission websites. It involves picking up the right, illustrative and attractive image with the required file format, alternate text, and description of that image.
- Info-Graphics Submission – Infographics means graphical representation. It depicts some information or is integrated with some useful data. Infographics submission is most recent, useful and effective way for Search engine Optimization. It is mostly done through Social Media.
- Business Review – There are several sites where we can post reviews of businesses or companies. It is a very common process. Most companies are following this method these days. Basically, companies send email to those customers who have recently purchased some product or services from them. This email consists of a link wherein we can submit our reviews or experience along with a rating.
- Classified Submission – Classified submission is one of the best ways to let the world know about our company and services. It is the most simple way to get the rank of our keyword in search engine result. Also, classified submission helps in generating business as we can get leads from these websites
- Profile Linking or Profile Submission – It is the latest technique of SEO which is accepted by most of the webmasters for the promotion of their website and services. In this method, instead of promoting website URL directly, a profile page URL is submitted in renown websites.
- Video Submission – A process of submitting your company’s unique intro, products or services in a form of video. It is the easiest way of marketing to get impressive traffic. Today many companies are following these steps to improve their online reputation.
What is Social Media Presence?
Social Media Presence is one of the important parts of OFF Page Seo. It is a technique of using popular social media platforms for the promotion of business or services. Basically, social media platform is used to gain the popularity. We cannot expect much business from social media.
Social Media can be used as the best tool for brand awareness.
Methods to boost Social Media Presence
- Regularity – The main activity to be kept in mind to boost social media presence is to keep posting regularly. On an average, we should post at least twice a day to boost our presence in social media. We should always use attractive images with little content.
- Be Interactive – To boost our social media presence, we should always be interactive on social media. It means to be active and to respond to the queries which we are getting from social media.
- Sharing Useful Stuff – We should use social media as an opportunity to share news and information related to our product and services. If there is any offer or scheme, it should be shared in social media to let customers know about that.
What is Social Bookmarking?
Social Bookmarking is a way of bookmarking our web pages at social bookmarking sites. This process is considered as a quality backlinking in the eyes of search engines.
We all are aware of the fact that how good quality backlinks help us to boost our site and to increase blog traffic along with Search Engine Page Rank
Off Page SEO is as necessary as On Page SEO. If we want successful SEO campaigns, we have to follow both the tasks. Business will go successfully if companies take all above steps in consideration.